Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Not Yesterday or Tomorrow BUT TODAY!








Week 48, 2014

Rick Joyner
       
         Jesus was crucified between two thieves—yesterday and tomorrow. One of these was in bondage to his past—things he had done. The other was in bondage to the future—asking Jesus to remember Him when He came into His kingdom. While on the cross, Jesus honored the second thief’s amazing faith but corrected his understanding. He said, “Today you will be with Me in Paradise.” Many can only see Jesus in the past, the biblical, historical Jesus. Others focus almost entirely on His coming again. Yet to see Him as He is, we must see Him TODAY. His name is not “I was,” or “I will be,” but “I AM.” Yesterday no longer exists and neither does tomorrow. The only thing we truly have to live in is the present, and that is where we must see Him and walk with Him.

         I appreciate the wristbands that say, “What would Jesus do?” I wore one for years and still try to apply it to my life, but I think what we really need is one that says, “What is Jesus doing?” So an ultimate question should be, “What is the Lord doing in the world today?” Are we a part of this? If not, why not?

         A second ultimate question would be, “What is the Lord doing in my life today?” This really needs to be asked before asking the previous question. The Lord is doing many things in the world today, and no one is capable of being a part of them all, but we should understand them and know where we fit in.

         When the Spirit is first mentioned in Scripture, He is moving. I have never found a verse that says He has stopped. Therefore, to walk with the Lord in the present almost always involves being part of a movement. A movement is moving, going somewhere. This is the nature of the word of life—it is a river, not a lake or a pond. A river is moving, going somewhere.

         Where are we going in our spiritual lives?

I have finished my morning chores. The animals are all fed, the chickens are roaming in the newly fallen snow and I am in my comfy chair reading the desire of my heart, words of God. This Rick Joyner devotional is a weekly email sent to my inbox. Often I feel moved by the words Rick shares and today's devotional is no exception. It really is, for me, another confirmation about waiting on what Father has in store for me to do to further His Kingdom. It is not about yesterday or tomorrow but what He is doing today; what I am doing for Him today...

While I wait I will praise and glorify Him. 

Blessings,
<><

10 comments:

  1. I love that he shared how God is moving. He is our Father of action. Timely post, sister. Glad you got to sit and rest, that's important too. Worthy actions in waiting… Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Floyd,
      Yes Daddy God is a God of action and new blessings each morning. Sometimes it is easy for us to dwell on the past but Father doesn't want us to sit there too long for there is something astir in the present and it is the present that He wants us to live in because we just don't know if there will be a tomorrow.

      Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family. :)
      <><

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for you : ) I'll try and stop by to pray more often. There's so much power in prayer! God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      :)
      Even if you can not stop by, please just pray over CPREzra823, Father knows what is of concern. Thank you!

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  3. Amen to everything written in your post. Our Lord is ever present and His Word is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow - a living word speaking to us and guiding us in our every day life. We are in this world but not of this world.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda,
    How awesome it is that God never changes. He is steadfast and secure. His Word can be applied today just as it was in the day it was written. Praise God!

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to hear this today. I procrastinate a lot in many things especially in obeying His voice. Good thing that our God is steadfast! Thanks for this beautiful and provoking reminder. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuperLux,
      I so glad to hear you were encouraged by Rick Joyner's message. I think it is so cool to see how Holy Spirit continues to move and urge us closer and closer to Father.

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  6. The power of the present is something we often don't understand until we get some gray in our beards. At least that's the case with me now that I'm getting my first "platinum blonde" hairs.
    God is always at work around us, even if we may not feel like there is much action and motion in our lives. I know that reading journal entries from a year or two ago just show me how much I can come in such a short time - even though I would've told you the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loren,
      With age comes wisdom and with youth comes energy. To bad we couldn't combine the two together but I guess this is Fathers way to have the young work together with the old; unity.
      Journaling is a great way to see how Father is working in our lives. Keep it up!

      Thanks for visiting. :)
      <><

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><