Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Joy In Sorrow?

Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 

How do we find joy in sorrow? Well if we study the above verses we find that, we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, who are from the faith chapter, Hebrews 11:1-39. I kind of envision them cheering us on and encouraging us through their stories. The first thing we are to do is keep our eyes on Jesus and do as He did, for He is the perfecter of faith. He set the joy before Him as He prepared and endured the cross. When Jesus was at Gethsemane Luke 22:44 tells us He felt much stress and anxiety that His sweat was like blood. Jesus knew what He was to endure, the suffering and the intense shame of our sins. Jesus despised what He was to go through yet He had joy. How could Jesus have joy? He was thinking of the end result. The forgiveness of sin and reconciliation between God and man.

Jesus understood and looked to the joy of the end results of the cross. We too, can endure trials and hardships if we follow Jesus' lead and focus on the joy of obedience to the Lord. When trials, hardships, sickness and death come our way we too can experience joy if we keep our eye on Jesus and store our treasures in heaven. The joy of the Lord is a wonderful thing to have. It fills you up and spreads to those around you like sunshine.

Hebrews 12:7-8 NIV
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 

  




Christians are children of God, isn't that in itself wonderful? God, the Creator of all is our Father! He knows that if we focus on His word and do as He says then we will be over comers. He will fill us with His joy and reward us on earth and in heaven. Now that is good news indeed!

Blessings,
<><

6 comments:

  1. Hello Cof God, you are the second Blog writing about this..and its always a good reminder, just don't give up. I don't believe I ever will, but I love to hear it anyway.
    Much love Crystalxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal Mary,

    Perservence sometimes is hard but we really need to just keep pressing in. It is good to encourage each other with hope.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Child of God for sharing another wonderful post!

    Any hardships that I go through now, seems as though it's next to nothing, now that I have returned to my LORD JESUS CHRIST, and departed from my old thoughts about Buddhism! For I truly know now that it's only through the BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST that I can receive ETERNAL LIFE!!! For it surely cannot be through Buddha!!!

    As a matter of fact, I had to do some house cleaning . . . if you will, for I had to clean up my two blogs! Not only that, but my Dragon's Tea Cup blog, I just recently did my last post on that, for I'm no longer going to be doing any posting on that blog, for the header name of that blog I'm no longer in sink with, know that I have returned to my LORD JESUS CHRIST. PRAISE GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lon,
    I am glad to hear you are house cleaning!! Does this mean you are deleting Dragon's Tea Cup? Or, just letting it lie?

    When my hubby and I became serious about following Jesus, we burnt all things that resembled idols and had stuff that was not up holding Jesus, including kids books, movies, pictures and this very beautiful leather ring I made because it had a Native Indian prayer on it. We are to tear down all high places that are not of God because we can only have one God and our God is very jealous. :)

    Thanks for sharing Lon!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep Dragon's Tea Cup as is, for my last post I posted on there is my last, and it's my testimony for others to see.

    God's blessings to you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lon,
    It sure is a great testimony, one that could others find Christ.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><