Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Empowered by the Holy Spirit

Jesus is conceived through the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb, anointed  by the Holy Spirit at His baptism, empowered by the Holy Spirit through His wilderness temptations, and emerges from the temptations full of the Spirit. 

Luke 4:18-19 NIV
 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
   because he has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners

   and recovery of sight for the blind,

to set the oppressed free,

      to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” 
John 14:12-14 NIV

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus' ministry was empowered by the Holy Spirit therefore as followers of Jesus we too should be empowered by the Holy Spirit. Jesus commissioned us to preach the Gospel. I believe when we preach the simple truth of the Gospel miracles will follow in the tracks. The greatest miracle is the healing of a soul. Once the soul is healed the physical healing will follow. The ultimate goal of Jesus is not a healthy body but a healthy soul resulting in a healthy body.

Hebrews 4:12-13 NIV

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. 

The Gospel is sharp and is capable of cutting away the lies that man attaches to it. Spread the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ and many people will come to know Christ for the Holy Spirit will divide the lies from the truth and He will be known; Praise God!

Blessings,
<><

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><