Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Friday, April 1, 2011

Prayer Request

Lisa, My In Between Days, is a beautiful lady I met through blogger. God led me to this lady with an urgency to pray for her. It was Lisa, Summer, Emily and Milly (her blog is no longer active), who God used to persuade me to start this blog. Lisa has a very rare disease called Hughes Syndrome and was diagnosed in November 2007 but had been suffering from this for many years previous. You can read about her story here.

Back in December Lisa kind of disappeared from blogger for about a month then reappeared at the beginning of January and told me she was very ill and had a terrible spill down the stairs but was managing fine and very thankful for how God was manifesting in her life. That was the last I heard of Lisa until yesterday when she sent an email updating me. Apparently the fall down the stairs was very bad and the number of seizures she has every day increased, deterioriting her health considerably. At this point in time she cannot continue her blog and I asked if I could put up a post to let those who were praying for her know what is happening. She agreed! :)

Hughes Syndrome is a disease that has not had much research done so there isn't a lot of treatment options available out there. Right now Lisa is waiting to have a surgery done that could possibly increase the quality of her life. For her, it is extremely risky but she is willing to take this risk because life, as it is for her right now, is not easy.

From Lisa's blog
Prayer is needed for Lisa. Prayer against the symptoms of this nasty disease and the ever growing pulmonary fibrosis and epileptic seizures that has developed because of the complications. Prayer for a smooth sailing surgery with no complications and a better quality of life afterward. Prayer for Lisa to be present to see her children and grandchildren grow up and have children of their own.

When I met Lisa, I would spend time at her blog reading and just praying over this sweet, sweet sister of mine, (as I do for all the beautiful friends I have met here in cyber world). I would stare at this picture and imagine Lisa running in the wildflowers with a billowing pink cloud behind her, asking God to just heal her so she can do these things again. Lisa, I think of you every time I see this picture. Praying and praying for you my sister friend and really hoping you will have recovery from this nasty disease that is plaguing your body.  

Psalm 70:1 NIV
Hasten, O God, to save me; 
come quickly, LORD, to help me.

Peace in Christ Jesus,
<><

22 comments:

  1. I'm crying as I type this! I follow Lisa and I had wondered why she hadn't been posting! I so do not like diseases at all they stink! In fact I would like to say I hate them, but in the bible you are not supposed to hate and it isn't christian like! So I do not like these diseases one bit!! I will pray that this surgery works, that GOD gives the Dr.s the knowledge to treat and help her, that she can get her quality of life back and wow I just love that picture with the pink billow clouds!! When I get in remission I would like to imagine running in the fields with Kelcee with pink clouds behind us too :)

    Praying for lisa
    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa is such a wonderful Sister in Christ and I have been wondering whatever happened to her, for I have missed her fellowship terribly!

    Thank you for informing me with what has happened!

    I ask right now Lord God for You to please heal our Sister Lisa in Your name I ask and pray Christ Jesus! Amen!

    Blessings,

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer,
    Yes this disease she has is very nasty and I am sure it triggers bad thoughts in you. Sin and disease is not of God it is of Satan so I hate it. God hates sin and if Dad can hate it than so can we! Lisa is very, very ill right now and she really needs our support in prayer. Thank you for your caring hear, Summer, you are such a blessing. Praying and praying for you and Lisa, my two sweet sisters.

    Hi Lon,
    I too was wondering where Lisa went and I was asking God to please let me know somehow, what happened to her. I must say when I opened my email and saw a note from her my stomach leaped into my throat and I got bubbly waves of excitement all through me.
    Lisa asked me to say hi to you, she really misses the fellowship she had with you and everyone here on the net.

    Keeping Lisa surrounded in prayer,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you in prayer for Lisa. in Jesus' name amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so miss Lisa blogs and I have never stopped praying for her on a daily basis as I heard about her condituion last year. She is just an amazing person and I know God's hand is with her during this trying time. Thank you so much for the update, I have been wondering about her, please send her my love and let her know that I am thinking about her. I will not cease praying for her till she gets her breakthrough. When we go thru the water, God is with us; when we go thru the fire, we are not burnt by the flame; and we go thru the river, we are not drowned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ron,
    I didn't recognize you! I like the change. Thank you for joining your heart. You are such a blessing,

    Hi Toyin,
    I will let Lisa know that you have been covering her in prayer everyday and that you will continue to pray for her. She wants to start up her blog again when she is stronger.

    Blessings and thanks to all for praying!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. will join you in praying for lisa. thank you for sharing this info.

    love
    lidj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to stop by here again Child of God my sister in Christ to thank you for your prayers for me, for your prayers to our God are very powerful!!! And God did answer your prayers for me!!! Thanks again!!!

    Blessings,

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lidj,
    Thank you for joining your heart!

    Hi Lon,
    I praise God!! You have many people praying for you, brothers and sisters in Christ who love you dearly and don't want to see you fall. You are a dear one Lon, keep pressing in for His Glory!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing. I do not know her but I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ken,
    Thanks! Lisa is a real sweet girl and I so miss her fellowship.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks JBR! I believe you would really like Lisa.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! How awful :( I will definitely keep her in my prayers and also the doctors in hopes that the surgery goes through without a hitch and her life can improve. Please keep us updated if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy,
    It is very sad. :( Thanks for praying and when I hear some news and have permission I will update.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you to every one for uplifting me in your prayers and thank you for your warm wishes...
    In every moment I am in Gods hands and He is carrying me through all of this.

    God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Child of God
    It is wonderful to be able to be on your blog again and reading a little my sweet friend.
    Thank you for your blessed and kind words and again thank you with all my heart for your prayers my sister.

    I will keep that picture in my mind now of the girl running through the wild flowers with the billowing pink cloud behind her...the wind in her hair...I would love to feel that again.

    Always your sister in Christ and your friend of the heart...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa!!! :)
    You don't have any idea how happy I am to see your picture once again in this comment box!

    I am praising God that you have the energy to read and write, it is so refreshing to hear from you again.

    Your faith in Jesus and how you trust Him is such a testimony and really encourages me.

    Praying and praying for you my sister heart.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am standing in prayer with you all for healing over Lisa. May the surgery be a great success.
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tammy,
    Thanks for joining your heart!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm way behind on a lot of blogs so I missed this when you originally posted. Thank you for this prayer alert! I believe the Lord is with Lisa. Praying He makes His presence known to her!!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kimberly,
    Life sure does get in the way of blogging sometimes, doesn't it? :)

    I believe God is showing up big time in Lisa's life. Thanks for joining your heart!

    Smiles,
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><